History of Online Lotteries
So far, the oldest lottery game on record took place during the Han Dynasty in China between 205 and 187 BC. Apparently, the lotto game was used by the Chinese government to finance projects in the country, like the Great Wall of China.
More so, during the Roman Empire, lottery was treated and played as a fun social game during events such as parties etc.
Countries like Belgium, France and Netherlands then adopted lotteries in the 15th century to raise their own funds. Three centuries later, the activity widely spread throughout the world. Fast forward to now, different countries have different types of lotto games to bet on and stand a chance to win big.
How Aussie Online Lotteries Work
Online lottos are an awesome platform for Australian players to win huge amounts of money by just simply guessing a couple of numbers. In a way, online lotteries do not shy away from regular casino games because of how they work.
Australian players get to enjoy various banking options, the same way they do with the other casino games. Online lotteries can also be played on any device; mobile phones and personal computers. Aussie players can inquire on online lotteries at any time since the lotto sites provide full customer support.
Betting online lotteries is quite easy. All you have to do is choose your favourite online lottery gambling site, register to open an account and play. Aussies can also choose to have a random number generator to do all the guessing for them and increase their chances of winning Australian lotteries.
Types of online lottery games in Australia
There is a pool of AU lottery games to choose from just like in traditional lottery. Each game has a specific date and time to be drawn and the results are published on live television, then online. The time slot for live lotto draws range from 8:30 pm and 9:30 pm. More so, players need to wager their lucky numbers before that specific time arrives.
Famous lotto games include in Australia include:
- Monday Lotto – As the name suggests, this type of lotto game is the first lottery game of the week
- OZ Lotto – played every Tuesday
- Wednesday Lotto – played every Wednesday
- Powerball – played every Thursday
- Saturday Lotto – the most popular of them all, played every Saturday
Notable Lottery Winnings
According to Lottoland statistics, the biggest jackpot record in Australia is for the OZ Lotto draw which took place on 6 November 2012. Four winners took home a shared jackpot of $111,972,151.04. Other massive winnings prior include the 2009 OZ Lotto jackpot worth $106 million. The win was split by two players.
Playing Online Lottery vs. Traditional Lottery
Playing lotto online is not any different from playing traditional lotto. The only difference is that online lotteries are played online at gambling sites while traditional lotto is played at land-based structures such as shops. Online punters get to enjoy also lottery related games such as Keno and Scratch card games also known as scratchies.
Tips for playing the lottery online
Before you can wager at any online casino game, you need to be mindful of certain things, and this goes for online lotteries as well. Aussie casino players and potentials alike need to check if the website they are wish to play casino games for real money at are safe and secure. Secondly, you need to check the terms and conditions for the site. Thirdly, spend your money wisely.
Strategies to win online lotteries
Winning the lottery goes with luck. But, that’s not always the case. There are strategies one can use to increase their chances of winning.
- Hot Numbers – This refers to any lotto number which has lost four games or less. Hot numbers account for at least 50% of a chance of winning. The chances of that number winning goes up based on how many games that number has been out for.
- Cold Numbers – Numbers which have been drawn in 70 or more games. This number is more likely to be selected, but it is impossible to actually tell when exactly the winning or losing streak for the number will end. However, the best tip is to no chase after the same number for too long.
- Odd and Even numbers – The best strategy is to mix odd and even numbers. It is very rare to have a draw where only odd or even numbers are drawn.
More so, these strategies do not guarantee players a win. But, they are some of the many approaches that have been taken by and recommended by online lotteries players and winners. So, why not try your luck today?