We urge you to remember that the games we mention on Pokies.com are meant to be a form of online entertainment only. Unfortunately, some players may be naturally inclined to be addicted to online casino games. More so, there is a real likelihood that significant loss may add up over time. So, here is a checklist to identify gambling addiction:
- Problem gamblers will frequently think about gambling and how to gamble.
- Some addicts will feel irritated when they can’t gamble or have to hold back.
- They will probably bet more to feel the same thrill while playing.
- They will often use gambling to escape reality or difficulties.
- Chasing losses is common for gamblers with a problem, they will try to win back their cash by spending more.
- Some gamblers will lie about their habits to friends and family to hide their problem.
- At times, a compulsive gambler may turn to crime to have more money to gamble.
- A gambling addict could also take out loans from banks or family to pay off their debts.
- They could also relapse if they try to stop gambling altogether.
Additionally, there are other factors you may notice while gambling. Responsible gaming is difficult, but it can be done. Use the following tips to create your own strategies for responsible gaming.
Some pokie sites allow players to choose a daily, monthly, or weekly limit for funds after registering an account. These amounts include deposits, wagers and losses you are willing to add up. Of course, there are some operators who allow players to watch their habits and choose limits after a certain time. You can also set a budget to know how much money you can afford to play with.
Many gambling regulators these days require casinos to have self-exclusion measures in place. These measures allow players who feel they are not gaming responsibly to exclude themselves. This can be anywhere from a week to a life-time ban. Family members may also ask for exclusion if they feel their loved one is at risk.
Internet Filters for Responsible Gaming
An important tool for preventing access to gaming sites is internet filtering software. Should a player feel they cannot avoid certain sites, they can install monitoring programs. That way, gamblers can’t access casinos online while being treated. If you want to block casino sites, you can try one of the following tools.
- Net Nanny – https://www.netnanny.com
- GamBlock – http://www.gamblock.com
- Cyber Patrol – http://www.cyberpatrol.com
Help With Gambling Addiction
If you feel that you have passed a limit, you can seek help from recognised gambling help organisations. Many countries have dedicated call centres and support groups for problem gamblers. Here you can get advice and help from neutral parties to start recovering, or just to get more information.