Playing Basics for Pai Gow Poker
Pai Gow Poker involves a faceoff between a casino player and a casino dealer. Each game is inclusive of 52 cards and a single joker. The joker is a wild card which can be used to replace an ace to create a flush, straight flush or a complete straight.
After placing a bet, the player is dealt seven cards of which they split into two hands. The five-card hand (which is often the left hand) is of greater value than the two-card hand (the right hand). If both the player’s hands are greater than the dealer’s, the player wins. After the outcome is announced, the round is concluded and the win is paid out. Easy right?!
Pai Gow Poker Game Rules
Now, there is no point in playing online casino games if you don’t know the rules involved. So, before you sit down to play Pai Gow Poker for real money, here is a list of standard poker game rules you should know:
- The five-card hand must always be of high rank when compared to the two-card hand
- A joker card is used as an ace, to create a complete straight or flushes only
- Two-card hand does not allow flushes
- A player wins the game if their two hands rank higher compared to the hands of the dealer
- The dealer wins any tie
- It’s a push if each of the player and the dealer’s one hand wins
Hand Ranks for Pai Gow Poker
Just as in other poker variations, Pai Gow Online Poker hands are ranked via standard poker rules. However, this excludes a straight consisting of; Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5. The best two-card hand comprises of a pair of Aces.
Five of a kind
- Four aces and a single joker
- Ace, K,Q, J, 10 all in the same suit
- Five cards of the same suit in a sequence
Four of a kind
- Comprises of four cards of the same rank
- Three cards of the same rank and a pair
Straight/ Complete Straight
- Consists of five cards in a sequence
Three of a kind
- Three cards of the same rank
- Two different pairs of cards
- Two cards of the same rank
- Cards without pairs
Pai Gow Online Poker Winning Strategies
We promised to help you understand and nail playing Pai Gai Poker online. And this is it. Use the following strategies to increase your chances of winning:
- Keep a pair within your five-card hand, and isolate two of your next highest cards
- In an instance where you have two pairs, keep the pair which ranks higher on your five-card hand and isolates the other
- Isolate cards with the highest ranking if you happen to have three pairs
- We strongly advise you not to split a three of a kind
- When you have a full house, always isolate the pair
- Only split straight and flush cards when you have two pairs
Pai Gow Poker Online Payouts
Casino game payouts differ at online casinos. Some online casinos offer high payouts while some have the lowest payouts. But, worry not! The casinos recommended by Pokies.com above are Australia’s best. They offer high, fast payouts and the best casino bonuses for all poker games, including Pow Gai Poker. Pokies.com top online casinos offer from 97% to 99% in poker payouts.
History of Pai Gow Poker
Pai Gow Poker is now one many Chinese gambling games popular throughout the world. Pai Gow was adapted from an ancient Chinese game called Pai Gow. The game was played using tiles which looked a bit like dominos. However, at a later stage, cards were used to play Pai Gow instead of tiles. This was done to simplify the game rules for the Western and Australian audiences.
Currently, Pai Gow Poker is one of the most famous poker variants. Aussie Pai Gow casino players can play the poker version of the game online for free or for real money at the best internet sites in Australia. Land-based casinos in AU also offer Pai Gow Poker. So, why not try out Pai Gow Poker at the best Australian casinos?